Monday, March 03, 2008

29 Friday, Leap Year

Friday was an awful, awful day for me at work and one when it was the first time I actually cried because of work. In short, it was something that could have led to the company giving me the sack.

After that incident, the rest of the day was extremely hectic for me (last weeks of the month are usually my busiest period). I wrote a report to explain myself (read: redeem myself). I rushed home during lunch to bring a winter jacket that I promised to pass to my colleague but totally forgot to pack it the previous night, rushed back to the office for a meeting and followed-up some stuff that were due that morning.

Being the sweet girlfriend that she is, Bunny suggested we go for a full-body massage at Trinity Spa Therapy (newly opened gay-friendly joint). And when I met her near the spa, she came along with a sunflower to cheer me up. I've placed the sunflower on my work desk to remind me that nothing is worth getting upset over; not even your job:



The massage session wasn't too bad. We weren't entirely comfortable with it though, because the masseuse used a bit of acupuncture techniques and it was rather painful. They spent a lot of time on our shoulders, pressing the hardened muscles with their knuckles until it loosened. It was a great experience overall because we felt comfortable there, the co-owner is Bunny's friend and also...it's gay-friendly!

Dinner was at a Japanese restaurant at the IRA building (idiots that make us pay our taxes). The serving style there was similar to Marche's concept: you walk around the belt, pick up ice-cream sticks that represent different types food, consolidate these sticks into a cup on your table and they'll serve you the food.

Bunny's Perth friend was leaving SG soon and so we met her in town and headed to Alley Bar:

Bunny and her friend, Emm.


Thanks to Bunny, the Friday ended on a happy note! :D And the next two days were spent sleeping and sleeping and sleeping.

2 comments:

DL said...

What a lovely sunflower!!!

Inwe Inglorion said...

Yeah, my tummy looks nicer...