Monday, May 21, 2007

Not going there again - St. James Power Station

Last Friday marked our maiden voyage to St. James Power Station. I swear I’m never going back there again unless it’s a company event. Granted that there are many different rooms catered for different sort of music lovers or clubbers, however one would not want to mingle amongst the crowd for more than 2 hours.

Despite my discomfort with the venue and the crowd, we had loads of fun entertaining ourselves by taking tonnes of pictures:



Vivocity - Argh! What's Teri doing clinging on to my Bunny?


Our first stop was at the Boiler Room and then we proceeded to Powerhouse:




We got sick and tired of the place, so we decided to head to Bellini Room where we started taking pictures in front of a bright neon pink wall decorated by Belvedere vodka bottles:






Out of all the rooms, I preferred Bellini Room the best, mainly because they played jazz, swing and low tempo music. Anyway, we left this room after sashaying in front of that pink wall for almost 20 minutes or so, and ended up at the Rouge Lounge, where we decided to relax on the couches and ordered a bottle of red wine. But we sure as hell didn't end up relaxing, because who the hell plays 5-10 with red wine?

So we started taking pictures again. I was fiddling with the self-timer on my phone when it accidentally took a snapshot of the group. This is the difference between being:

prepared...and


...unprepared!


Finally a proper one!

The above pictures were taken before Bunny suggested we play 5-10 with red wine. Here are the pictures after playing 5-10:

Wha...?


Drinking blurs your vision. Do not drink and drive.


Peek-a-boo!


They're loving it...


Hmmm...


???


I don't think anyone knows what kind of pictures they're taking anymore.

It was a fun night out with them and they never fail to amuse. We created such a ruckus that the straight couples sitting at the couch next to us kept glaring at our unruly behaviour.

Having said all that, I've decided - I will not step into St. James Power Station unless I really need to.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think you look better with darker coloured hair..HELLO Bunny *MUAKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS*

Anonymous said...

Despite it all, looks like you had a great time. its the company that counts. Hope all is well with you. will try visit singapore end year before heading to india.

tersh

Inwe Inglorion said...

Hi Tersh,

Yes, you are right. What counts is the company.

Everything's pretty alright with me now, just a bit busy with work. I just came back from KL...BUT...I'm heading to Bali tomorrow night and I'll be there for about 6 days! HAHA!

Your India trip sounds fun. It's not fair; you always get to travel to such exotic places. I bet you'll have a hell of a time there! Take care.