Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

Another annual event - Mother's Day. This time, I sourced around for credit card promotions (coz I'm a cheapo) and looked at reviews from www.hungrygowhere.com. My mom said she wanted to have Chinese food so I suggested dim sum but she decided that she didn't want to wake up early on a Sunday, so she suggested dinner instead.

I shortlisted a number of Chinese restaurants, ranging from mid-range to expensive, and finally settled for a mid-range one called Kam Boat at Shaw Centre. Turned out my choice was a bad one. Damn. Should have just stuck to some restaurant at a hotel or something. Well, at least I booked a week in advance, so tables were guaranteed.

My brother exploring his new LG pseudo-iPhone. It's quite cool.

Erm, looking a bit awkward.



Pictures of mom on Mother's Day.


Still playing with the phone camera.

And here's the menu:
Buddha jump over the wall


Spinach with three coloured egg


Beef with garlic and onion


Scallops


Claypot chicken with wine - the chicken tasted a bit funky and couldn't taste the wine at all. Yucks.

Hor ("whore", according to Bunny) fun with prawns


Almond hashima


The food was substandard and service was poor, mainly because there wasn't enough staff to go round the tiny restaurant. Mom said we'd better not have Chinese on Mother's Day next time because most of the time, it's usually quite packed as a lot of mothers prefer to have Chinese food over other cuisines.

Yeah, I think so too. We'll stick to Jap next time.

*burp*

No comments: