Saturday, June 07, 2008

A date with Steve Tyrell

Yay! Bunny managed to get free concert tickets again and this time it was to Steve Tyrell's one night performance at Suntec Convention Centre.


I knew the songs, but I didn't know the name. Steve Tyrell's music career was mostly behind-the-scenes, producing popular records and award-winning soundtracks, such as Father of the Bride, in which he sang
The Way You Look Tonight and propelled him centre-stage as a vocalist. He also worked with Rod Stewart, B.J. Thomas on Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head, and is also a friend of the Sinatra family.

His jazzy, sultry voice and band consisting of the bass, guitar, drums, keyboard, piano and trumpet, brought us plenty popular jazz and love songs last night, such as:

- Fly Me To The Moon
- The Way You Look Tonight
- I've Got A Crush On You
- I'll Be Seeing You
- You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To
- Say a Little Prayer For You
- Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head
- Night and Day
- (I've Got You) Under My Skin
- You Go To My Head
...and many more.

Hailed as the heir of Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennett, Steve Tyrell has made American classics cool again with his renditions of popular classic jazz songs.



No comments: