Saturday, January 23, 2010

Can one no longer fear?

I can't seem to handle the resurfacing of memories...bad ones. Perhaps it's not about me not being able to handle it but rather the impact or 'severity' of it.

And when you gather your thoughts, re-analyse and re-think it through, you start to wonder if bad memories exist only to emphasize the joyous moments in life. Without darkness, there will be no light.

So as I sit and ponder, I recalled Mitch Albom saying: "You need to embrace fear, because when you let fear into your life, you no longer fear." Or something along those lines.

But what happens when you've embraced your fears? Do you not fear anymore? The sense of fear is still there and embracing it does not necessarily negate it. How do you embrace it in its entirety in order for you to not fear fear?

Gushes of memories do not do one any good but I suppose it's only natural for one to recall certain moments in life - albeit the bad or the good.

Or perhaps, just maybe, these moments exist only because you feel...for if I did not feel, I would never mope over it. Oh how I envy those who are indifferent to everything. Who are nonchalant even in the most taxing moments of their lives.

Love is not a blessing...it's a curse and an addiction. A poison that seeps into your heart and stains it with its potent ink, leaving marks and smudges.

It is a blessing only when you can love without fear.

1 comment:

DL said...

To love without fear, is a choice only u can make. N only if that is wat u wan it bad enough. It could be to love without fear in e situation u r in, or to move away from a love with fear. Be brave. Be strong. U can do it.