Thursday, June 15, 2006

Midnight at Mustafa

I was really happy to see Iza again last night, as she just got back almost a week ago from Melbourne but only for a short holiday though. We intended to have coffee at CCK then realized there were no coffee places there anymore, so she suggested I drive her dad’s car because she couldn’t drive manual cars, or rather she refuses to.

So from CCK we went to Bt. Timah for supper (when we only just had our dinner), then while talking about watches, she suggested we go take a look at the watches at Mustafa, since they were cheap and rather nice, in which we really did make a trip down there since I’ve never been to Mustafa before. Was amazed at the amount of items they sell there, ranging from clothes, shoes and perfume, to appliances and electronic goods and so on. Plus I heard it is a 24 hour budget shopping mall and this really fascinated me, coming from a country where all shops close at 5.30pm.

I ended up buying a Casio antique looking watch that I liked plus a perfume (Davidoff Echo) for a total of $85. Ha. Is that budget or what? Of course when I got home, my mother was extremely skeptical of what I had bought and started giving me the “how cheap things don’t last” lecture. Then again, what do you expect from a $26 watch that looks like a $150 watch? Wahaha. She then continued saying that she’ll get me another watch for my birthday since she didn’t get me anything for my graduation and being the silly her, she said she’ll get a Tissot for me. Hmm. *ponders*

By the time we finished browsing through the watches, phones, cameras, etc. it was already past midnight. So we decided it was time to go home, only this time Iza drove home. I’m proud of her ability to drive a manual car all the way home from Little India. CE: you can force her to drive “Benz-benz” already. Haha. I’m sure she’ll tell you the about the whole adventure/story.

It’s nice to know that such impromptu people like me do exist and I wished she’d stay in Singapore instead. Haha. Nonetheless, I wish her all the best in her future undertakings in Melbourne. Hopefully she’ll find it more comfortable in Melbourne than in Singapore soon.

No comments: