Monday, July 30, 2007

I've forgotten how to cook...

Having not cooked for god-knows-how-long, I finally did so last night. The last time I cooked for Bunny and her family was on Christmas Day, where I whipped up a so-called ‘traditional’ Christmas meal comprising roast chicken with rosemary and lemon, and honey-baked ham with pineapple and orange. This time round, because Bunny was craving for authentic Chinese food, I did my best to come up with hearty home-cooked dishes.

And this was the end-result of having not cooked for almost 2 years now:


I made a chicken stew with Chinese wine, mushrooms, black fungus and wolfberries (a recipe which I accidentally came up with a few years ago); stir-fried Kailan with loads of garlic, steamed sea bass with spring onions, ginger and parsley, and sweet corn soup with carrots. It’s been awhile since we had a nice home-cooked meal together, and I ended up eating almost three bowls of rice!

I love seeing people stuffing their faces with the food I cooked. Heh. That’s the reason why everyone grows fatter and fatter except for me!

###

Richard says he’s going to make goat stew tonight. YUCKS!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

so yummy, lulur! i could never learn how to steam a fish, like, ever!!!

Inwe Inglorion said...

*beams*!!!

DL said...

hhmm... looks very appetitising leh... y you make it sound like the outcome very bad??? i miss the claypot chicken u make... with red dates and all... =( *sulks*

*envy miss gavin*

btw, the goat soup turned out quite nice leh... really really...

Inwe Inglorion said...

The chicken was pretty good in fact. Hehe. yay! I still remember how to cook!

Yucks. How can you guys eat goat???

DL said...

but u don't drink mutton soup in sg meh?

Inwe Inglorion said...

No, I don't. *blinks*

DL said...

orh.