It has always been a natural thing for me to read my old blog and earlier entries of this blog, just to recap the events that have occurred over the past year or so. I ventured further than I usually do in my old blog and found this:
I created a virtual caricature of myself about 2 years ago. This is SO me I tell you. The shoes, the way I (used to) tie my scarf, the hair, the jacket, the pants. Exactly the same. Typical girl-next-door, I suppose.I was skimming through the countless debates in my blog and random comments from anonymous sources. Seemed pretty interesting for a while.
And then I totally lost it and became completely immersed in my career development, robotic lifestyle, family arguments and disgruntlement. Sigh. Work really changes your life; it seeps all the energy from you until you're drained to the bare and naked core of your mere worthless existence.
All because we have to, need to, fend for ourselves, monetarily. Not so much of the spiritual aspect (I think I'm still spiritually aware).
So, what have I learnt this year? I've learnt that:
- No one is to be trusted;
- Loads of research needs to be made before you plan a holiday;
- Lonely Planet isn't as useful as the Internet;
- I have to travel more, if money allows;
- It doesn't pay to be nice, although you hope people will pay you in kind if you were nice to them;
- I'm now more cynical (again) and skeptical than I was last year;
- Lesbian parties are a bore;
- People like to steal ideas and pass it off as their own;
- People like to take credit for something they did not do;
- My girlfriend and I are quite the bad sheep in certain aspects;
- One should not eat chicken in undeveloped countries;
- Cities contain the most evil and greedy people;
- Rural areas are where one can possibly see some kindness from people;
- People don't usually appreciate you till you're long gone;
- Friends turn superficial and money-minded after awhile;
- My girlfriend and I can have quite extremist thinking;
- I don't really like what I'm doing but I don't know what else to do;
- I like attending pump classes although I dread the squats;
- I have a huge crush on HOCC;
- One must learn to be prudent at all times;
- It's so difficult to save money;
- There's too much to learn about insurance;
- It's hard to please everybody.

1 comment:
I got to agree on a lot of points you have made... but please do not forget faith and hope that the world may become a better place and all it takes is one nice person on earth. And an extremist should know that coz the other extreme is to believe in the ideal... Go forth and strive in 2008... May only good things comes by you & Gav. My very best wishes, love, DL
Post a Comment