Tuesday, February 19, 2008

V Day '08

I don't normally celebrate V-day but this year, we managed to do something small and spend quality time together.

The flower craze on V-day was so apparent that during lunchtime, my colleague and I went to the market and bought a stalk of sunflower to give to your partners. It only cost us $4 for one stalk and we had to go elsewhere to buy the paper and ribbon to make it look more presentable.

Hence, I ended up with this:

You know the usual cliche when the guy is waiting with a bunch of flowers and gets so nervous over how his date will react when she sees it? I was feeling exactly the same way as someone giving flowers for the first time - very nervous and excited about what Bunny's reaction will be when she sees the flower. Luckily she didn't freak out and was extremely happy instead. :D The sunflower's as big as her head, I tell you!

Looking as gleeful as a sunflower

We went to a Korean restaurant, Manna, for dinner and we ate SO much that we felt guilty almost instantly:

Side dishes, beef bulgogi hot pot, and a platter of assorted seafood and veggies fried in batter with special sauce for dipping


Dessert was a heart-shaped watermelon, mochi and some ginger soup thingy

After our gluttonous affair with Manna, we couldn't decide where to go. Bunny wanted to play pool so as to walk off the pounds of calories we had just pumped into our body but there was no pool place around (with the exception of dodgy bars and bad karaoke stereo systems).

We ended up going to Blackberry bar (the old Alternative) where we met up with Teri, her friend and Bunny's friend from Perth. While waiting for them to arrive, we started taking loads of pictures:

There were plenty more but I shall not bore my readers with our pictures. At least I've picked the more hilarious ones to display.


Posing with my scarf (I love this new scarf that I bought from Warehouse about two weeks ago. I bring it around with me almost everyday!)


Teri's face being cut-off from the frame


Bunny and her friend, Em


Teri looks like my uncle


We stayed at Blackberry for another hour or so and made our way to Play. Luckily there was no queue and we didn't have to pay cover charge to get in that night.

I don't think we stayed there for long because we were feeling rather out of place; in other words, feeling too "old" as the crowd mainly consisted of age group 16 - 22.

We snapped two pictures:


(One of them which was a bit blurred)

Looked at a few chicks and called it a night. Zzzzz.

Call us old and boring, but you can't blame us for feeling so when there was a bunch of people who need not work the next day! :(

No comments: