Saturday, April 29, 2006

More Food Please...

Recieved a call from CE yesterday evening and ended up speaking to 5 people and a dog. Heard that CE and Jun cooked so much food in celebration of Richard's 31st birthday, that they could feed a platoon with it. Hahaha. Makes me think back of the times when we would whip up a feast for friends just because we felt like it. I like to feed people. Right now, I'm the one feeding myself. My stomach is so bloated from tea and in-between snacks and I still managed to stuff dinner into it and dessert as well. I'm already mentally planning my supper for tonight: Maccers. Hahaha. With shaker fries of course.

The recent weather has been intolerable. The humidity level has increased for sure and my face feels oily most of the time. All this makes me agitated and grumpy, worsens my skin condition, and destructs my sleeping pattern. I've forgotten how hot and humid it can be in Singapore.

Went to watch "Take The Lead" last night with my padawan and Jerry's playmate (padawan = Jerry, playmate = me). The show was a letdown; besides watching the ballroom moves and dances, there basically wasn't any much of a plot that will keep you interested in finding out what would happen, because these shows are more or less predictable. Next show on our list: Paradise Now.

My eyes were turning red from staring at the big screen for too long and I was already dozing off in the cab on my way home, but being influenced by Jerry's loser streak, I took a loser cab that drove at a losing speed of 70km/h when there was absolutely NO traffic in front, at the back and around us. Ok, so the speed limit for Bukit Timah Rd is 70km/h, but when there's totally no traffic around, it feels like 40km/h, tortoise speed. Felt so irritated by the cab driver I wanted to stab him. I needed to get home as soon as possible to sleep because I had to go for a check-up today.

So I woke up feeling really tired and my eyes were still stinging but no longer red. Went to some dodgy clinic at Binjai Park Rd with my financial agent, Tommy. She recommended to lunch at Ivine's, which is a Peranakan Restaurant. They serve the best home-cooked peranakan dishes I've ever had. We ordered duck with preserved veggie soup, curry veggies, omelette with onions and a pork stew, and finished every single morsel. I couldn't believe my appetite. Much to my amaze, I was the one eating more; ended up eating 2 plates of yellow rice.

I don't know how, but Tommy and I started chatting about travelling and she mentioned that it will be her 12th year anniversary with her girlfriend in two months. 12 years. I was surprised. I told her, "Wow! This is not what I see from the lesbian scene in Singapore though. Hahaha." So I started calculating and realized they have been together since they were 18. How sweet. 18 years old is usually the age where you talk about forever without exactly knowing what forever is. She then told me that two friends of hers are going to celebrate their 14th year soon. Amazing.

Ever had a track stuck in your head for days? Radiohead's "No Surprises" is currently stuck in my mind because of "The Spanish Apartment" that I had just watched in the afternoon today. Ooooo, now Grace has got me thinking about cheese (brie, camembert, blue, or anything that's not cheddar) and crackers, and foie gras pate. I'm craving for veggie chips as well. Mmmmm....Sheren's going to call me a monster.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did u go to the ivins near my place? upp thomson rd that is.

let me re-define the term 'loser'. He/she is someone who chooses to take a smoke when there are 2 cabs waiting, and by the time he/she finishes the smoke, all the cabs are gone.

Inwe Inglorion said...

Jerry: That doesn't necessarily mean I'm the loser. I said that there will be two cabs coming and it did happen. See? Losers don't make wishes that come true.

Shiin: YAY! I WANT, I WANT, I WANT.